Why do it?
We all have things that we are naturally good at but sometimes it's hard to have the discipline to practice them. Surely it's a waste to not become an expert in the field you're good at and like?
I decided to make a blog of the project and to post all the drawings on Facebook too so that my friends and followers can hold me accountable. Otherwise it would be far too easy to give up.
- I have to draw or paint for at least one hour every day for 180 days in a row.
- The hour of drawing must be completed and published online each day before midnight. However if there is some technical difficulty in publishing online I can appeal to a friend to be excused as long as I completed the drawing work itself before midnight.
- I can start several smaller drawings within the hour and/or continue unfinished ones.
- Drawings can be digital or analogue.
- I will link to any sources of inspiration, books, tutorials I use in the side bar.
- If I fail a day the 180 days are re set and I have to start from the beginning again (day 1).
- I will state which day I'm on and how long I have worked on the challenge that day.
- Only extreme illness or mitigating circumstances such as being in a coma or in prison excuse me from not completing a day! :P